Business Insurance in Mount Vernon,Washington
Insurance protection for your company.
Small business is the largest sector in the U.S. economy and it is important to protect your business with a business policy from Wycoff Insurance. As a small business ourselves, we understand the challenges of running a business. Let Wycoff Insurance take the worry out of knowing you’re properly covered so you can focus on growing your business.
We offer insurance coverage for:
- General Liability Insurance
- Business Owners Insurance
- Commercial Property Insurance
- Commercial Auto Insurance
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- And much more!
General Liability Coverage – can protect your business from claims relating to property damage or bodily injury to others while you are providing professional construction services on and off a jobsite. These claims can lead to a lawsuit that could bankrupt your business and personal finances.
Contractors equipment coverage – covers equipment such as compressors, generators, cranes, bulldozers, graders, forklifts, mobile tools.
Builder risk coverage – covers buildings and structures in the course of construction, equipment such as compressors, generators, trailers, cranes, bulldozers, graders, forklifts, mobile tools, etc. are not covered and commercial property policies limit the coverage they provide for contractor’s equipment.
Below are four general principals to follow when your bsiness enters into a project or contract with another business.
- Never assume the other business has liability coverage and obtain a certificate of insurance to verify their insurance coverage.
- As a part of a written contract, demand a copy of the additional insured endorsement and review it with your insurance professional and legal representative.
- Understand what your additional insured coverage status covers and look at your liability policy. There may be gaps in coverage that can be easily fixed (before the relationship starts).
- Read the contract requirements and write the contract requirements carefully to make sure your business is not jeopardizing its own coverage in agreeing to add additional insureds and know what you are extending when you agree to add additional insured.
Frequently Asked Questions about Business Insurance
What type of business insurance do you need?
The type of business insurance you need depends on what you’re doing. For instance, a web designer probably doesn’t need a commercial auto policy but does need a Professional Liability Policy. While a contractor has no need for Professional Liability but does need commercial auto. The best way to determine what coverage your specific business needs is by talking to a licensed agent.
What insurance is required to run a small business?
Owning a small business is an amazing achievement. Insuring it correctly is critically important. Your insurance needs depend on what your small business does. Some businesses can get away with minimal coverages while others need very comprehensive coverage for more complex businesses. Talk to an agent for advice on what types of coverage your business needs.
How much does business insurance cost?
The cost of business insurance varies tremendously based on what coverage you need. Professional Liability for instance may only be $150 a month while commercial truck insurance may cost upwards of $5,000 a month. The only way to know is to get a quote from a licensed insurance agent.